Tourism Day is an annual event that celebrates Irish tourism. This year, it will take place on Friday 17th April 2020. On Tourism Day over a hundred attractions and venues, of all shapes and sizes, in every part of the country, will offer free places to the public. Tickets though must be pre-registered on this website. Special and unique events also take place at participating locations and everything is available free of charge.
2020 is the inaugural year of Tourism Day which is an initiative of the Irish Tourism Industry Confederation (ITIC) and supported by Fáilte Ireland.
The Irish Heritage Trust is delighted to be a participant in Tourism Day and will be offering 100 free tickets to members of the public to take a tour of Fota House on Friday 17th April. Tours are at 12:30 / 2.00 & 3:30pm – House Tours lasts approx. 50 mins.
In order to receive a free ticket:
- Go to Whats On Section of the main menu
- Choose House Tour > More Details
- Select April 17th
- Choose time & number of persons– pls note time slots are limited to 30 people per time slot but number of tickets per booking is not limited
- Apply promo code Lovefotahouse at the point of purchase which results zero balance to pay
- Complete by filling in your details
The aims of Tourism Day include:
- Encourage more people to visit tourist venues, experience and attractions in their locality
- Underpin the fantastic tourism and visitor facilities that we have locally and nationally
- Raise the profile of Ireland’s tourism industry
- Encourage people to try new things to see and do and get into the habit of going more often to attractions and tourist sites in their locality
- Generate pride and appreciation for the quality of Ireland’s tourism product
- Encourage job seekers and school leavers to consider tourism and hospitality for the exciting and dynamic career it offers