Recommencing from Wednesday 1st July we are delighted to welcome back friends & visitors to Fota House. During the Covid-19 closure we have taken the opportunity to carry out essential maintenance and decoration of the house so it would be great to have the opportunity to show you around this magnificent property. We have put procedures in place to make our House Tours compliant with HSE & Failte Ireland guidelines.
The House itself (Grounds open daily) is open for House Tours & Retail (Books & Souvenirs) Wednesday to Sunday each week initially. We hope to resume a 7 day week opening of the House as soon as possible but the layout of this historic building is not currently fully adaptable to accommodate all services under present Covid-19 guidelines – Thank you for your understanding.
- Fota House open 10am – 5pm from Wed to Sun for House Tours & Retail only – Guided House Tours at 12:30pm – 2pm – 3:30pm (Wed – Sun)
Please note the indoor Cafe & toilets are currently not available due to Covid-19 restrictions
- Victorian Working Gardens open Mon–Fri 10:30am – 3pm with a large range of plants grown by Fota Gardeners available for purchase
- Bakestone Café operates a takeaway coffee and limited snack menu daily 11am-5pm – outdoor seating available
- Arboretum opened daily 9am – 5:30pm
- Walled & Pleasure Gardens open daily
- We are pleased that our site partners, OPW, make the Pleasure Gardens exclusive to the enjoyment of ‘Cocooners’ between: 10am-1pm (Mon–Fri), 11am-1pm (Sat). We ask other visitors to respect this initiative within these times.
If you wish to contact us for any further information we’d welcome a call on 021-4815543