From the start Michelle and Alan wanted something different for their special day. Initially they toyed with Doctor Who and Superheroes. Their special day was always going to be fun and light-hearted, and potentially a little bit mad. You could say getting married is the beginning of a new adventure together, or even a trip down the rabbit hole! They hit upon the Mad Hatter Party and the rest, as they say, is history.
The theme also allowed their daughter Eimear to get involved and enjoy the day.
Alan’s hat belonged to Michelle’s Granddad who passed away April before the wedding, he was a hat sales man.
The hat was was very fitting for the chosen theme.
Michelle’s earrings belonged to her Grandmother.
The Bride, Bridesmaids and Flowergirl all wore hats from Little Miss Hattitude.
The ring cushion was made by Alan’s Mum Agnes.
“Fota House was a fantastic backdrop for us as it has a real magical feel to it. Roaming such and incredible
house in our wedding attire was so much fun”.
Beautiful pictures from the Fota House, Gardens and Arboretum.
The reception was held at the Cork International Hotel, where the theme continued.
ChattyBoo Productions provided the actors for the evening, Queen of Hearts, Alice and the Mad Hatter.
The Wedding Suppliers
- Ceremony: Fota House and Gardens. East Cork
- Reception: Cork International Hotel, with lots of help from Samantha Steward
- Wedding Dress: Belinda Sullivan Designs.
I knew how I wanted my dress to look and Belinda worked with my ideas to create it.
- Flowers: June’s Blooms https://www.facebook.com/junesbloomsfreelance/?fref=tsBridesmaids Dresses: Amity
- Flowergirl Dress: Monsoon
- Shoes: Irregular Choice
- Groom(smen)’s suits: Simply Suits
- Accessories: Little Miss Hattitude
- Stationery: Little Ivory
- Make Up & Hair: Make up by Andrea Murphy https://www.facebook.com/AndreaMurphyMUA/?fref=ts
Hair by Kim Moynihan https://www.facebook.com/FreelanceBridalHairDesigner/?fref=ts
- Wedding Bands: J90
- Photographer: The amazing Catherine Tangney with Lee Photography https://www.facebook.com/leephotographyie/
- Videographer: Sean Creagh, Ambition Films
All the profits made in Irish Heritage Trust properties are reinvested into care and conservation, ensuring these beautiful properties will be here for future generations to enjoy.